Dr. Goldberger reports grant and educational program support from Boston Scientific, Medtronic, and St. Jude Medical.
Prevalence and Predictors of Cable Extrusion and Loss of Electrical Integrity with the Riata Defibrillator Lead
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology
Volume 23, Issue 11, pages 1207–1212, November 2012
How to Cite
SHEN, S., BHAVE, P., GIEDRIMAS, E., PATEL, T., ARORA, R., CHICOS, A. B., GOLDBERGER, J. J., ILKHANOFF, L., KIM, M. H., LIN, A. C., PASSMAN, R., LEE, R., KNIGHT, B. P. and KIM, S. S. (2012), Prevalence and Predictors of Cable Extrusion and Loss of Electrical Integrity with the Riata Defibrillator Lead. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 23: 1207–1212. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-8167.2012.02378.x
Dr. M. Kim is a consultant and on the advisory board of Medtronic.
Dr. Lin reports research support from St. Jude Medical and Medtronic; he is a consultant and on the advisory board of Medtronic.
Dr. Passman reports research support from Medtronic, where he is a consultant and on the speaker's bureau.
Dr. Lee is a consultant for Spectranetics.
Dr. S. Kim is on the advisory board of St. Jude Medical and has lectured for Medtronic.
Other authors: No disclosures.
- Issue published online: 13 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 MAY 2012 12:35PM EST
- Manuscript received 16 April 2012; Revised manuscript received 1 May 2012; Accepted for publication 2 May 2012.
This article has been cited by:
- 2Conductor externalization of the Biotronik Kentrox internal cardioverter-defibrillator lead: The tip of another iceberg?, Heart Rhythm, 2014, 11, 9, 1648, , , ,
- 3Descargas inapropiadas por ruido eléctrico como manifestación de pérdida del aislante interno en un paciente con electrodo RIATA, Revista Colombiana de Cardiología, 2014, 21, 2, 110, , ,
- 5Longitudinal follow-up of Riata leads reveals high annual incidence of new conductor externalization and electrical failure, Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology, 2014,, , , , , , , , ,
- 6Mechanical and electrical dysfunction of Riata implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leads, Europace, 2014, 16, 12, 1787, , , , , ,
- 7Multicenter experience with extraction of the Riata/Riata ST ICD lead, Heart Rhythm, 2014, 11, 9, 1613, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 9Prospective nationwide fluoroscopic and electrical longitudinal follow-up of recalled Riata defibrillator leads in Denmark, Heart Rhythm, 2014, 11, 12, 2141, , , , , , ,
- 10Riata lead failure presenting as a life-threatening electrical storm: A novel manifestation of electrical lead failure, Journal of Arrhythmia, 2014,, , , ,
- 11A Case of Riata® Dual Coil Defibrillator Lead Failure in a Patient with Ventricular Fibrillation, Korean Circulation Journal, 2013, 43, 5, 336, , , , , ,
- 13Failure of fluoroscopy to detect “inside-out” insulation failure and externalized conductors in a Riata ICD lead, Heart Rhythm, 2013, 10, 12, 1827, , ,
- 14Increasing lead burden correlates with externalized cables during systematic fluoroscopic screening of Riata leads, Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology, 2013, 37, 1, 63, , , , , , , , , ,
- 15Independent multicenter study of Riata and Riata ST implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leads, Heart Rhythm, 2013, 10, 3, 361, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 17Nationwide Fluoroscopic Screening of Recalled Riata Defibrillator Leads in Denmark, Heart Rhythm, 2013, 10, 6, 821, , , , , , , ,
- 18Prevalence of externalized conductors in Riata and Riata ST silicone leads: Results from the prospective, multicenter Riata Lead Evaluation Study, Heart Rhythm, 2013, 10, 12, 1778, , , , , , ,
- 19Prospective evaluation of cinefluoroscopy and chest radiography for Riata lead defects: implications for future lead screening, Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology, 2013, 38, 2, 131, , , , ,
- 21Transvenous extraction of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leads under advisory—A comparison of Riata, Sprint Fidelis, and non-recalled implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leads, Heart Rhythm, 2013, 10, 10, 1444, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 22Another piece of the puzzle, but still no answer, Heart Rhythm, 2012, 9, 12, 1962, ,
- 23Prophylactic implantable defibrillators in dilated cardiomyopathy, Herz, 2012, 37, 8, 859,