Previous versions of the paper have been presented at the 2010 State Politics and Policy Conference in Springfield, IL, and the 2007 Midwest Political Science Association Meeting in Chicago, IL.
The Determinants of Policy Introduction and Bill Adoption: Examining Minimum Wage Increases in the American States, 1997–2006
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
© 2012 Policy Studies Organization
Policy Studies Journal
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 626–649, November 2012
How to Cite
Whitaker, E. A., Herian, M. N., Larimer, C. W. and Lang, M. (2012), The Determinants of Policy Introduction and Bill Adoption: Examining Minimum Wage Increases in the American States, 1997–2006. Policy Studies Journal, 40: 626–649. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-0072.2012.00467.x
The authors thank Sarah Williams and Joseph Larsen for their assistance with data collection and coding. We are indebted to Senator Jeff Danielson of the Iowa State Senate for his assistance in arranging data collection of legislative bill abstracts. We thank Don Haider-Markel, Andrew Karch, Scott Lamothe, Kevin Smith, Fred Boehmke, and Lilliard Richardson, who provided helpful comments and invaluable insights in fine-tuning this paper. Finally, we thank two anonymous reviewers and the editors of Policy Studies Journal for their helpful comments.
- Issue published online: 28 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!