Food Safety and Regulation: Evaluation of an Online Multimedia Course
Article first published online: 19 MAY 2006
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 4, Issue 4, pages 66–69, October 2005
How to Cite
Pintauro, S. J., Krahl, A. G., Buzzell, P. R. and Chamberlain, V. M. (2005), Food Safety and Regulation: Evaluation of an Online Multimedia Course. Journal of Food Science Education, 4: 66–69. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2005.tb00064.x
- Issue published online: 19 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 19 MAY 2006
- MS 20050288 Submitted 5/16/05, Revised 7/28/05, Accepted 8/20/05.
- BloomBS, EngelhartMD, FurstEJ, HillWH, KrathwohlDR, editors. 1956. Taxonomy of educational objectives. The classification of educational goals. Handbook I. Cognitive domain. New York : David McKay Co.
- 2002. The effectiveness of Web-based multimedia tutorials for teaching methods of human body composition analysis. Adv Physiol Educ 26(1):21–9. , , .
- 1984. A college-level, computer-assisted course in nutrition. J Nutr Educ 16:46–50. , , , .
- 1996. Designing and managing multiple choice questions. Appendix C. Multiple choice questions and Bloom's taxonomy. South Africa : Univ. of Cape Town. Available from: http://web.uct.ac.za/projects/cbe/mcqman/mcqman01.html. Accessed on 2005 August 8. , , .
- 1951. Coefficient alpha and the internal structures of tests. Psychometrika 16:297–334. .
- 2003. On-line compared with face-to-face introductory food sciences courses: an assessment. J Food Sci Educ 2(1):13–6. , .
- 1987. Educational research: Competencies for analysis and application. 3rd ed. Columbus , Ohio : Merrill Pub Co. .
- 2002. Core competencies in food science: background information on the development of the IFT education standards. J Food Sci Educ 1(1):3–5. .
- [IFT] Inst. of Food Technologists. 2005. Undergraduate education standards for degrees in food science. Chicago , Ill .: Institute of Food Technologists. Available from: http://www.ift.org/cms/?pid=1000427. Accessed 2005 March 22.
- 2000. Complementing traditional instruction with asynchronous learning networks. Food Technol 54(5):48–58. , .
- 2000. Improving dietetics education with interactive communication technology. J Am Diet Assoc 100(10):1191–4. , , .
- 2005. Using Web-based instruction to improve large undergraduate biology courses: an evaluation of a hybrid course format. Comput Educ 44(3):217–35. , .
- 1990. The undergraduate education of food scientists/technologists. Food Technol 44(8):10. .
- 2002. Evaluating ADAPT: a hybrid instructional model combining Web-based and classroom components. Comput Educ 39(3):261–9. .