Comparison of Knowledge and Attitudes Using Computer-based and Face-to-Face Personal Hygiene Training Methods in Food Processing Facilities
Article first published online: 2 AUG 2006
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 45–50, July 2006
How to Cite
Fenton, G. D., LaBorde, L. F., Radhakrishna, R. B., Brown, J. L. and Cutter, C. N. (2006), Comparison of Knowledge and Attitudes Using Computer-based and Face-to-Face Personal Hygiene Training Methods in Food Processing Facilities. Journal of Food Science Education, 5: 45–50. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2006.00001.x
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 2 AUG 2006
- MS 20060107 Submitted 2/16/06, Accepted 4/20/06
- 1991. Computer-based instruction: methods and development. Englewood Cliffs , NJ : Prentice Hall. 512 p. , .
- 2004. Computer-based training for immigrant Latinos with limited formal education. Hisp J Behav Sci 26(3):373–98. , , , .
- 2001. Distance education and its application in continuing education for the poultry industry. J Appl Poul Res 10(3):288–92. .
- 1998. Hazard analysis critical control point training for foodservice operators in Kansas. Dairy Food Environ Sanit 18(4):206–11. , , , .
- 2001. Using computers to deliver training: which employees learn and why? Pers Psychol 54(2):271–96. .
- 1997. Evaluating the effectiveness of two instructional techniques for teaching food safety principles to quick service employees. J Foodserv Syst 10:41–50. , , , .
- 2003. On-line compared with face-to-face introductory food science courses: an assessment. J Food Sci Educ 1(2):13–6. , .
- 2004. Computer-based training for food services workers at a hospital. J Safety Res 35:317–27. , , , , , .
- 2003. How to design and evaluate research in education. Boston : McGraw-Hill Higher Education. 623 p. . .
- 2002. StatNotes: an online textbook. Available from: http://www2.chass.ncsu.edu/garson/pa765/statnote.htm. .
- 2002. A comparison of computer-based and instructor-led training for long-term care staff. J Cont Educ Nurs 33(1):39–45. . .
- 2004. The development and evaluation of a student training, education and practice for dietetics CD-ROM: a computer-assisted instruction programme for dietetic students. J Human Nutr Diet 17:35–41. , , .
- 1975. Derivation of new readability formulas (Automated Readability Index, Fog Count and Flesch Reading Ease Formula) for Navy Enlisted Personnel, Research Branch Report 8-75. Millington , TN : Naval Air Station Memphis. 40 p. , , , .
- 1993. Using computer-based instruction with adult learners. J Cont High Educ 41(3):2–8. .
- 1993. Computer-assisted instruction: an alternative approach for training school food service personnel. School Food Serv Res Rev 17(2):115–9. , .
- 1990. Controlling error in evaluation instruments. J Extn 28(2) Available from: http://www.joe.org/joe/1990summer/tt2.html. .
- Pennsylvania Center for Workforce Information and Analysis. 2005. Labor market services—Industry profile. Available from: http://www.paworkstats.state.pa.us/indroprofiledata.asp.
- PennTAP (Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program). 2004. Pennsylvania County Industry Trends 2001-2003. Univ. Park , PA : The Pennsylvania State University. Available from: http://www.penntap.psu.edu/documents/20012003IndustryTrends.pdf.
- 2005. Food safety and regulation: evaluation of an online multimedia course. J Food Sci Educ 4(4):66–9. , , , .
- 1989. Post-then-pre evaluation. J Extn 27(2):19–21. , .
- 1994. Effectiveness of two training methods to improve the quality of foodservice in small facilities for adult care. J Am Diet Assoc 94(8):869–73. , , , , .
- SPSS, Inc. 2000. Statistical Package for Social Sciences 11.0. Chicago , Ill. : SPSS Inc.
- 2003. Educator beliefs regarding computer-based instruction. Journal of Extension [serial online]. 41:1–9. Available from: http://www.joe.org. Posted Feb 2003. , , .
- 2004. Preliminary FoodNet data on the incidence of infection with pathogens transmitted commonly through food-selected sites, United States, 2003. MMWR 53(16):338, 340–3. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1985. Effectiveness of a computer-assisted instruction program for teaching sanitation. J Am Diet Assoc 85(1):62–7. , .
- 2004. Can nursing facility staff with minimal education be successfully trained with computer-based training? Nurse Educ Today 24:301–9. , .
- 2003. Food handlers' hygiene knowledge in small food businesses. Food Cont 14:339–43. , , .
- 1986. Computer-based learning in adult education: a South African case study. Prog Lear Educ Tech 23(1):76–83. .