Self-Reported Changes in Food Safety Behaviors among Foodservice Employees: Impact of a Retail Food Safety Education Program
Article first published online: 27 SEP 2007
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 72–76, October 2007
How to Cite
Anding, J. D., Boleman, C. and Thompson, B. (2007), Self-Reported Changes in Food Safety Behaviors among Foodservice Employees: Impact of a Retail Food Safety Education Program. Journal of Food Science Education, 6: 72–76. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2007.00036.x
- Issue published online: 27 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2007
- MS20070265 Submitted 4/12/2007, Accepted 7/20/2007
- 2004. Hand washing compliance among retail food establishment workers in Minnesota. J Food Protect 67(12):2825–8. , , , , .
- 2003. Safety of vendor-prepared foods: evaluation of 10 processing mobile food vendors in Manhattan. Public Health Rep 118:470–6. , , .
- 1998. Effect of a manager training program on sanitary conditions in restaurants. Public Health Rep 113:353–8. , , , , .
- 2000. Mail and internet surveys: the tailored design method. 2nd ed. New York : John Wiley & Sons Inc. .
- FDA National Retail Food Team. 2004. FDA report on the occurrence of foodborne illness risk factors in selected institutional foodservice, restaurant, and retail food store facility types (2004). Available from: http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/dms/retrsk2.html . Accessed March 19 2007.
- 1997. Final report for TAEX Food Protection Management Program Survey. College Station, Tex. : Texas Agricultural Extension Service . .
- 1996. Educational research: an introduction. 6th ed. White Plains , N.Y. : Longman Publishers USA. , , .
- 2002. Developing a practical audit tool for assessing employee food-handling practices. J Child Nutr Mgmt 26: Issue 1. Available from: http://docs.schoolnutrition.org/newsroom/jcnm/02spring/giampaoli2/ . Accessed March 20 2007. , , .
- EHS-Net Working Group. 2005. Food service workers' self-reported food preparation practices: an EHS-Net study. Int J Hyg Environ Health 208:27–35. , , , , , , , ,
- 2006. Food worker hand washing practices: an observation study. J Food Protect 69(10):2417–23. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. A visitor's guide to effect sizes. Adv Health Sci Edu 9:241–9. , .
- 1997. The effectiveness of hygiene training for food handlers. Int J Environ Health Res 7:251–8. , .
- 2004. Beyond significance testing: reforming data analysis methods in behavioral research. Washington , D.C. : American Psychological Assn. .
- 2006. Surveillance for foodborne-disease outbreaks—United States, 1998–2002. MMWR 55(SS10):1–34. , , , .
- 1999. A Model Train-the-Trainer Program for HACCP-based food safety training in the retail/food service industry: an evaluation. J Extension 37. Available from: http://www.joe.org/joe/1999/a1.html . Accessed June 30 2007. , , .
- 2004. Self-reported changes in food safety practices as a result of participation in a statewide food safety certification program. Food Protect Trends 24:150–61. and .
- 1999. Food-related illness and death in the United States. Emerging infectious diseases, Vol. 5, No. 5, September-October, 1999. Atlanta , Ga. : Centers for Disease Control and Prevention . , , , , , , , .
- 1989. Post-then-pre evaluation. J Extension [online] 27(2). Available at: http://www.joe.org/joe/1989summer/a5.html . Accessed April 10 2007. , .
- 2007. Food safety knowledge and behaviors of cooks in Texas childcare centers. Food Protect Trends 27:90–4. , , .
- Texas Dept. of State Health Services, Texas Food Establishment Rules, May, 2006. Available from: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/foodestablishments/pdf/TFER2006.pdf Accessed March 19 2007.