Implementing Experiential Learning Activities in a Large Enrollment Introductory Food Science and Human Nutrition Course
Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2007
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 5–13, January 2008
How to Cite
Bohn, D. M. and Schmidt, S. J. (2008), Implementing Experiential Learning Activities in a Large Enrollment Introductory Food Science and Human Nutrition Course. Journal of Food Science Education, 7: 5–13. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2007.00042.x
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2007
- Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2007
- MS 20070477 Submitted 6/21/2007, Accepted 9/19/2007
- 2005. Lighting their fires through experiential learning. Agric Educ Mag 78(3):4–5. .
- 1975. The development of memory: knowing, knowing about knowing, and knowing how to know. In: ReeseHW, editor. Advances in child development and behavior. Vol. 10. New York : Academic Press. .
- 2005. Creating experiential learning. Agric Educ Mag 78(3):2. .
- 1998. Teaching large classes: tools and strategies. Thousand Oaks , Calif. : Sage Publications. .
- DRI Summary Tables. 2005. Available from: http://www.iom.edu/CMS/3788/4574.aspx . Last updated: December 12, 2005; Accessed June 1 2007.
- 1973. Metacognitive aspects of problem-solving. In: ResnickLB, editor. The nature of intelligence. Hillsdale , N.J. : Erlbaum. .
- 1992. Teaching large classes in higher education. London : Kogan Page Limited. , .
- 1984. Experiential learning: experience as a source of learning and development. Englewood Cliffs , N.J. : Prentice-Hall. .
- 1975. Toward an applied theory of experiential learning. In: CooperC, editor. Theories of group process. London, U.K. : John Wiley. , .
- 1997. Processing the experience: enhancing and generalizing learning. Dubuque , Iowa : Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co. , .
- 2002. Why experiential learning is so effective. Available from: http://www.sabrehq.com/cutting-edge/teambuilding-components.htm . Last updated: 2002. Accessed June 6 2007. , .
- 1991. Teaching the mass class, 2nd ed. American Sociological Assn. Teaching. Washington , D.C : Resource Center. .
- [NRC] Natl. Research Council. 2000. How people learn: brain, mind, experience, and school. Washington , D.C. : Natl. Academy Press.
- 2003. Traditional lecture or experiential learning: changing student attitudes. J Nurs Educ 42(11):520–3. , .
- 2000. Active learning in the experimental study of food. J Food Sci Educ 1:41–4. .
- 2004. Keep your ear to the ground. J Food Sci Educ 3:47–8. .
- 2001. David A. Kolb on experiential learning, the encyclopedia of informal education. Available from: http://www.infed.org/b-explrn.htm . First published July 1996. Last updated: May 24, 2007. Accessed June 1 2007. .
- 1987. Teaching large classes well. San Francisco , Calif. : Jossey-Bass. .