Health Professionals' Attitudes and Educational Needs Regarding New Food Processing Technologies
Version of Record online: 15 SEP 2008
© 2008 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 7, Issue 4, pages 78–83, October 2008
How to Cite
Delgado-Gutierrez, C. and Bruhn, C.M. (2008), Health Professionals' Attitudes and Educational Needs Regarding New Food Processing Technologies. Journal of Food Science Education, 7: 78–83. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2008.00058.x
- Issue online: 15 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 15 SEP 2008
- MS 20080532 Submitted 6/15/2008, Accepted 7/16/2008
- [ADA] American Dietetic Association. 2000. Nutrition and you: trends 2000. What do Americans think, need and expect? J Am Diet Assoc 100:626–7.
- [ADA] American Dietetic Association Reports. 2006. Position of the American Dietetic Association: food and nutrition misinformation. J Am Diet Assoc 106:601–7.
- Barbosa-CánovasGV, TapiaMS, CanoMP, editors. 2005. Novel food processing technologies. Boca Raton , Fla. : CRC Press. P 145–56.
- 2005 Consumer attitudes towards non-conventional processing technologies [Masters of Science Thesis]. University of California , Davis . 83 p.
- 2007. Effect of an educational program on attitudes of California consumers toward food irradiation. Food Prot Trends 27(10):744–8. , , .
- 2002. Community leader response to educational information about biotechnology. J Food Sci 67(1):399–403. , .
- 2003. Consumer attitudes to high pressure food processing. Food Agric Environ 1(1):30–4. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Consumer concerns and expectations about novel food processing technologies: effects of product liking. Appetite 40:217–33. .
- 2006a. High-pressure processing research continues. Food Technol 60(2):63–5. .
- 2006b. Pulsed electric field processing. Food Technol 60(1):66–7.
- 2006. New insights into consumer-led food product development. Trends Food Sci Technol 17:457–65. , .
- 2005. Application of high pressure technology in the fruit juice processing: benefits perceived by consumers. J Food Eng 67:241–6. , , , ,
- 2002. Trust, perceived risk and attitudes toward food technologies. J Appl Soc Psychol 32(11):2423–33. , , .
- 2002 Influences on purchase of irradiated food. Food Technol 56(11):34–7.
- 2003. Communicating about the risks and benefits of genetically modified foods: the mediating role of trust. Risk Anal 23(6):1117–333. , , .
- 2005. Ohmic heating. In: SunD-W, editor. Emerging technologies for food processing. Italy : Elsevier Academic Press. P 469–505. , .
- 2005. High pressure processing of foods: an overview. In: SunD-W, editor. Emerging technologies for food processing, Vol. 1. Italy : Elsevier Academic Press. P 27. , , .
- 2002 New mild technologies in meat processing: high pressure as a model technology. Meat Sci 62:359–71. , , .
- [IFIC] International Food Information Council. 2005. Consumer attitudes toward functional foods/foods for health. Available on line at: http://ific.org/research/upload/2005funcfoodsresearch.pdf . Accessed July 12, 2006.
- 2005. Microbiology of pressure-treated food. J App Micro 98:1400–9. .
- 2004a. High pressure processing. Fact sheet for food processors. FSE-1-04 Ohio State University. Available on line at: http://ohioline.osu.edu/fse-fact/0001.html . Accessed Jan 30, 2006. , , .
- 2004b. Pulsed electric field processing. Fact sheet for Food Processors. FSE-2-05 Ohio State University. Available on line at: http://ohioline.osu.edu/fse-fact/0002.html . Accessed Jan 30, 2006. , , , .
- 2004c. Ohmic heating of foods. Fact sheet for Food Processors. FSE-4-05 Ohio State University. Available on line at: http://ohioline.osu.edu/fse-fact/0004.html . Accessed Jan 30, 2006. , , .
- 2001. Ohmic heating. In: RichardsonP, editors. Thermal Technologies in Food Processing. Cambridge , U.K. : CRC Press. P 241–64. , , , , .
- 2002. Ohmic heating. In: HenryCJK, ChapmanC, editors. The nutrition handbook for food processors. U.K. : CRC Press. P 407–20. , , , , .
- 2000. Consumer response to functional foods in the 21st century. AgBioForum 3(1):14–9. .
- 2005. Overview of pulsed electric field processing for food. In: , editor. Emerging technologies for food processing. Italy : Elsevier Academic Press. P 69–97. , , .
- 2006. Why preferences change: beliefs become more salient through provided (genomics) information. Appetite 47:343–51. , , , , .
- 2006. Ohmic heating for food processing. In: , editor. Thermal food processing: new technologies and quality issues. Boca Raton , Fla : CRC Press. P 425–68. , , .
- 2006. “Best if used by…” How freshness dating influences food acceptance. J Food Sci 71(4):S354–7. , .
- 1988. Food irradiation and consumer education: the role of food and health professionals. Radiat Phy Chem 31(1–3):229–34. , .
- 2000. Food and consumer: where are we heading? Asia Pacific J Clin Nutr 9(Suppl.):S103–7. .