Campus Community Involvement in an Experimental Food Research Project Increases Students' Motivation and Improves Perceived Learning Outcomes
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2009
© 2009 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 39–44, April 2009
How to Cite
Goto, K. and Bianco-Simeral, S. (2009), Campus Community Involvement in an Experimental Food Research Project Increases Students' Motivation and Improves Perceived Learning Outcomes. Journal of Food Science Education, 8: 39–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2009.00070.x
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2009
- MS 20080633 Submitted 8/19/2008, Accepted 11/8/2008
- 2002. Oregon State University's steer-a-year program: integrating classroom learning and hands-on experience. J Anim Sci 80:2764–9. , , .
- 2000. Grounded theory. Objectivist and constructivist methods. In: DenzinN, LincolnY, editors. Handbook of qualitative research. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks , Calif .: Sage Publications. .
- 2004. Collaborative service learning: A winning proposition for industry and education. J Family Consum Sci 96(3):46–52. , , , .
- 2002. Collaborative learning: group work and study teams. Tools for teaching. Available from: http://teaching.berkeley.edu/bgd/collaborative.html . Accessed July 2008. .
- 1962. Cooperation and trust: some theoretical notes. In: JonesMR, editor. Nebraska symposium on motivation, 275-319. Lincoln , Nebr .: Univ. of Nebraska Press. .
- 2000. Formal and informal collaborative projects: engaging in industry with environmental awareness. Sci Educ 84:95–113. , .
- 1995. Collaborative learning enhances critical thinking. J Tech Educ 7(1):1–13. .
- 2008. Learners' perceptions of the role of peers in a research experience: implications for the apprenticeship process, scientific inquiry, and collaborative work. J Res Sci Teach 45(2):251–71. , .
- 2007. The state of cooperative learning in postsecondary and professional settings. Educ Psychol Rev 19(1):15–29. , , .
- 2006. Real men do not read labels: the effects of masculinity and involvement on college students' food decisions. J Am College Health 55(2):91–8. , , .
- 2006. The role of peers and group learning. In: AlexanderP, WinneP, editors. Handbook of educational psychology. 2nd ed. Mahwah , N.J. : Erlbaum. .
- 1990. Qualitative evaluation and research methods. 2nd ed. Newbury Park , Calif .: Sage. .
- 2002. Active learning in the experimental study of food. J Food Sci Educ 1:1–4. .
- 2007. Adult learner centered processes in an online ADRN to BSN nursing program: independent evaluator and peer self-assessments. Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 4:Article 17. , , .
- 1998. Basics of qualitative research: techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks , Calif .: Sage Publications. , .
- 1990. Evaluation for decisions. Is anybody there? Does anybody care? In: AlkinMC editor. Debate on evaluation. Newbury Park , Calif .: Sage Publications. .
- 2006. Closing the gap: collaborative learning as a strategy to embed evidence within occupational therapy practice. J Eval Clin Pract 12(2):227–38. , .