Using Focus Groups to Study Consumer Understanding and Experiences with Tamper-Evident Packaging Devices
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2009
© 2009 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 53–59, April 2009
How to Cite
Pascall, M. A., Lee, K., Fraser, A. and Halim, L. (2009), Using Focus Groups to Study Consumer Understanding and Experiences with Tamper-Evident Packaging Devices. Journal of Food Science Education, 8: 53–59. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2009.00071.x
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2009
- MS 20080671 Submitted 9/3/2008, Accepted 12/11/2008
- 2002. Addressing the risk of bioterrorism in food production. Food Technol 56(2):43–7. , .
- 2004. Foundations for research: methods of inquiry in education and the social sciences. Mahwah , N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. p 93–4. , .
- 2006. Public willing to pay for increased safety, survey finds. Food USA production.daily.com. Available from: http://www.foodproductiondaily-USA.com/news/printNewsBis.asp?id=67247 . Accessed Apr 28, 2006. .
- 2006. Logistics improvement through packaging rationalization: a practical experience. Packag Tech Sci 19:303–8. , , .
- 1996. Guide to packaging law. Herdon , Va. : Inst. of Packaging Professionals. 77 p. .
- 2000. Focus groups: a practical guide for applied research. 3rd ed. Thousand Oaks , Calif .: Sage Publications. 215 p. , .
- 2007. An adaptation of repertory grid methodology to evaluate Australian consumers' perceptions of food products produced by novel technologies. Food Qual Pref 18(6):834–48. , , , .
- 2008. Eating quality of pork from pure breeds and DLY studied by focus group research and meat quality analyses. Meat Sci 80(2):304–14. , , , , .
- 2004. FDA finds traces of poison in 2 jars of baby food in California; no one is harmed. The New York Times. July 29, 2004. Available from: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9900E6DB103DF93AA15754C0A9629C8B63&n=Top%2FReference%2FTimes%20Topics%2FSubjects%2FC%2FChildren%20and%20Youth&scp=8&sq=ricin%20bottled%20food&st=cse . Accessed Apr 28, 2006. .
- 1985. Tamper-resistant packaging: is it elder-resistant, too. J Am Geriatr Soc 33(2): 136–41. .
- 2005. Gene cuisine or frankenfood? The theory of reasoned action as an audience segmentation strategy for messages about genetically modified foods. J Health Commun 10:751–67. , , .