IFT Education Division Competition 2011 Winner
Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Education Division Competition 2011 Winner—Cocoa Powders: Are They All Created Equal?
Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2011
© 2011 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 3–4, January 2012
How to Cite
Zwir, R. (2012), Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Education Division Competition 2011 Winner—Cocoa Powders: Are They All Created Equal?. Journal of Food Science Education, 11: 3–4. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2011.00134.x
- Issue online: 13 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2011
- 2010. Chocolate science and technology. Illustrated ed. Chichester , U.K. : John Wiley and Sons. 29 p.
- 2008. Flavanol and flavonol contents of cocoa powder products: influence of the manufacturing process. J Agric Food Chem 56:3111–7. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Chocolate and cardiovascular health: is it too good to be true? Nutr Rev 63:427–30. , .
- 2009. Food chemistry. 4th ed. Berlin , Germany : Springer. 1070 p. , , .
- 2006. Procyanidin and catechin contents and antioxidant capacity of cocoa and chocolate products. J Agric Food Chem 54:4057–61. , , , , .
- 2008. Polyphenols in cocoa and cocoa products: is there a link between antioxidant properties and health? Molecules 13:2190–219. , .
- 2002. Cocoa flavanols and cardiovascular health. Phytochemistry Rev 1:231–40. , , , , .
- 2004. Sensory properties of cocoa liquor as affected by polyphenol concentration and duration of roasting. Food Qual Prefer 15:403–9. , , .
- 2009. Effect of polyphenol and pH on cocoa Maillard-related flavour precursors in a lipidic model system. Int J Food Sci Technol 44:168–80. , , , .
- 2008. Enzymes. In: Damodaran S, Parkin KL, Fennema OR, editors. Fennema's food chemistry. 4th ed. Boca Raton , Fla. : CRC Press Taylor Francis Group. p 331–435.
- 2009. Effect of the types and concentrations of alkali on the color of cocoa liquor. J Sci Food Agric 89:1186–94. , , .
- 2004. Chocolate: a marvelous natural product of chemistry. J Chem Educ 81:1131–5.
- U.S Department of Health and Human Services. 2004. Antioxidants and cancer prevention: fact sheet. Bethesda , Md. : National Institute of Health.4 p.
- 2002. Chocolate and cocoa. In: Kroschwitz JI, editor. Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of chemical technology. Vol. 6. New York : John Wiley & Sons Inc. p. 350–73. , , .