A Needs Assessment for the Introduction of a Food Science Program at The Univ. of Guyana
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2012
© 2012 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 52–58, October 2012
How to Cite
Morrison, D. (2012), A Needs Assessment for the Introduction of a Food Science Program at The Univ. of Guyana. Journal of Food Science Education, 11: 52–58. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4329.2012.00151.x
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2012
- MS 20111546 Submitted 12/27/2011, Accepted 5/26/2012.
- 2007. Final Report CHF/partners in rural development report Social Entrepreneurship Program (SEP) To Secure the Livelihoods of Small Farmers through Improved Production and Marketing of Non-Traditional Crops. Study of Marketing Opportunities for Small Non-Traditional Crop Farmers.
- Government of Guyana 2000. Guyana National Development Strategy 2001–2010. Available from: http://www.sdnp.org.gy. Accessed on June 7, 2010.
- Guyana Bureau of Statistics Annual Report. 2011. Available from: http://www.statisticsguyana.gov.gy/nataccts. Accessed on February 1, 2011.
- IBIS World 2011. IBIS World Industry Report C1112-GL. Global Fruit and Vegetables Processing.
- Institute of Food Technologists 2005. Institute of Food Technologists undergraduate education standards for degrees in Food Science, Chicago , ILL Available from http://www.ift.org/knowledge-Center/Learn-About-Food-Science/. Accessed March 21, 2010
- 1979. Needs assessment: concept and application. New Jersey : Educational Technology Publications Inc. 32 p. and .
- 2011. Food sciences flourishes on campus. Food Technology. 65(3): 48–53.
- 2006. An educational needs assessment of Pennsylvania workforce: opportunities to redefine secondary career and technical education to meet food industry needs. J Food Sci Edu. 5:19–23. , , , .
- 1981. Guiding a range curriculum with an educational needs assessment. J Range Manage, 34(6):475–479. and .
- 2000. Food policy research for developing countries: emerging issues and unfinished business. Food Policy, 25(2):125–142.
- 2009. A survey among potential employers for developing a curriculum in public health nutrition. Public Health Nutr, 12(8):1039–1045. , , and .
- 2002. Food engineering education in Mexico, Central America and South America. J Food Sci Edu. 1(2):59–65. , , , , , , and .