Direct inquires to author J.M. Regenstein (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Kosher and Halal Food Laws
Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2006
Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety
Volume 2, Issue 3, pages 111–127, July 2003
How to Cite
Regenstein, J.M., Chaudry, M.M. and Regenstein, C.E. (2003), The Kosher and Halal Food Laws. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 2: 111–127. doi: 10.1111/j.1541-4337.2003.tb00018.x
- Issue online: 20 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2006
- MS 20030025
References and Additional Readings
- 2004. Royal jelly. In: Kosher food production. lowa State Press. Forthcoming.
- 1992. Islamic food laws: philosophical basis and practical implications. Food Technol 46(10): 92. .
- 1994. Implications of biotechnology and genetic engineering for kosher and halal foods. Trends Food Sci Technol 5: 165–8. , .
- 2000. Muslim dietary laws: food processing and marketing. Encycl of Food Sci 1682–84. , .
- 2002. Overview of halal from Agri-Canada perspective. Presented at the Fourth Intl Halal Food Conference; April 21-23; Sheraton Gateway Hotel, Toronto , Canada .
- 1972. The Jewish dietary laws. London : The Soncino Press. p 11–12.
- 1991. Al-Dhabah, slaying animals for food the Islamic way. Jeddah , Saudi Arabia : Abul Qasim Bookstore. p. 19–20. .
- 2000. Getting religion–for your product, that is. Food Technol 54(7): 60–66. .
- 1995. Ask the dietitian. Hopkins , Minn. : Hopkins Technology, LLC. http://www.dietitian.com/alcohol.html. Accessed 24 April, 2003.
- 1988. Appendix 5: poultry plant visits. In: RegensteinJM, RegensteinCE, LetsonLM, editors. A shopping guide for the kosher consumer. For Mario Cuomo, Governor, State of New York. p 16–24. , , .
- 1994. Health aspects of kosher foods. Activities report and minutes of work groups and sub-work groups of the R & D Associates 46(1): 77–83. .
- 2002. Kosher and halal animal welfare standards. Institute of Food Technologists Religious and Ethnic Foods Division Newsletter 5(1): 3–16. ,
- 1979. An introduction to the kosher (dietary) laws for food scientists and food processors. Food Technol 33(1): 89–99. , .
- 1988. The kosher dietary laws and their implementation in the food industry. Food Technol 42(6): 86, 88–94. , .
- 2000. Kosher foods and food processing. Encycl of Food Sci 1449–53. , .
- 2002a. The story behind kosher dairy products such as kosher cheese and whey cream. Cheese Reporter 127(4): 8, 16, 20. , .
- 2002b. What kosher cheese entails. Cheese Marketing News 22(31): 4, 10. , .
- 2002c. Kosher byproducts requirements. Cheese Marketing News 22(32): 4, 12. , .