The editor in charge of this paper was Orazio Attanasio.
DO IMMIGRANTS CAUSE CRIME?
Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
© 2012 by the European Economic Association
Journal of the European Economic Association
Volume 10, Issue 6, pages 1318–1347, December 2012
How to Cite
Bianchi, M., Buonanno, P. and Pinotti, P. (2012), DO IMMIGRANTS CAUSE CRIME?. Journal of the European Economic Association, 10: 1318–1347. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-4774.2012.01085.x
Acknowledgments: We wish to thank the editor and three anonymous referees for very constructive feedback on an earlier version of this paper. We also thank Massimiliano Bratti, Matteo Cervellati, Antonio Ciccone, Federico Cingano, Francesco Drago, Andrea Ichino, Giovanni Mastrobuoni, Ugo Melchionda, Franco Peracchi, Alfonso Rosolia, Andrea Tiseno, and seminar participants at the Bank of Italy, CEIS Tor Vergata, IMT Lucca, Paris School of Economics, University of Milan, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, ESPE (London), NASM (Pittsburgh), FEMES (Singapore), EEA (Milan), AIEL (Brescia), Brucchi Luchino Workshop (Bologna) for their useful comments, Giuseppe Casamassima of the Italian Ministry of the Interior for providing the data on residence permits and Giovanni Peri for the data on bilateral migration flows. All errors are our responsibility. Financial support from CEPREMAP and from Region Ile-de-France (Milo Bianchi) is gratefully acknowledged. The opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the Bank of Italy.
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!