The editor in charge of this paper was Orazio Attanasio.
RISK AVERSION AND EXPECTED UTILITY THEORY: AN EXPERIMENT WITH LARGE AND SMALL STAKES
Version of Record online: 8 AUG 2012
© 2012 by the European Economic Association
Journal of the European Economic Association
Volume 10, Issue 6, pages 1348–1399, December 2012
How to Cite
Bombardini, M. and Trebbi, F. (2012), RISK AVERSION AND EXPECTED UTILITY THEORY: AN EXPERIMENT WITH LARGE AND SMALL STAKES. Journal of the European Economic Association, 10: 1348–1399. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-4774.2012.01086.x
Acknowledgments: We would like to thank Endemol Italia S.p.A for kindly providing access to recorded episodes of the show Affari Tuoi. In particular, we would like to thank Luca Passerini and Salvatore Spirlí for extensive discussion about the game rules and the selection process of the participants as well as Silvia Brasca for facilitating the data collection. We thank Paul Beaudry, Gorkem Celik, Drew Fudenberg, David Green, Jerry Green, Yoram Halevy, David Laibson, Thomas Lemieux, and Okan Yilankaya for useful comments and suggestions. In addition, Philippe Aghion, Alberto Alesina, and Andrei Shleifer are gratefully acknowledged for numerous discussions. Kareem Carr provided excellent research assistance. We are also grateful to seminar participants at the University of British Columbia, at the 12th Conference on Foundations and Applications of Utility, Risk and Decision Theory, and at Harvard University.
- Issue online: 6 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 8 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!