The editor in charge of this paper was Steffano DellaVigna.
CAN WE INFER HOSPITAL QUALITY FROM MEDICAL GRADUATES’ RESIDENCY CHOICES?
Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
© 2012 by the European Economic Association
Journal of the European Economic Association
Volume 10, Issue 6, pages 1400–1424, December 2012
How to Cite
Machado, M. P., Mora, R. and Romero-Medina, A. (2012), CAN WE INFER HOSPITAL QUALITY FROM MEDICAL GRADUATES’ RESIDENCY CHOICES?. Journal of the European Economic Association, 10: 1400–1424. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-4774.2012.01087.x
Acknowledgments: We acknowledge the support of the Ramón Areces Foundation (III Concurso Nacional), grants SEJ2004-00670, SEJ2007-66268, ECO2010-20504 (Matilde P. Machado), ECO2009-11165 (Ricardo Mora), SEJ2008-027038/ECON, ECO2011-25330 (Antonio Romero-Medina), from the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science. We thank Pedro Albarrán, James Banks, Lola Collado, Michael Creel, Zvi Eckstein, Roger Feldman, Rachel Griffith, Maia Güell, and Marcos Vera, two editors, and four anonymous referees for valuable comments. We also thank the Ministerio de Sanidad y Consumo, in particular Elvira González for providing us with the main data, Josep Vaqué and the Sociedad Española de Medicina Preventiva, Salud Pública e Higiene, Diario Médico for allowing us access to its archives, and Adelheid Holl for providing us with additional data. We are also thankful to Mercedes Cabañas, Oscar Alberto Véliz, and Laura Muñoz who helped us with the data collection. This article was supported by an unrestricted educational grant awarded jointly to the Universities Carlos III de Madrid and Pompeu Fabra de Barcelona by The Merck Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Merck Co. Inc., White House Station, NJ, USA.
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!