The editor in charge of this paper was Stefano DellaVigna
HAS DEMOCRATIZATION REDUCED INFANT MORTALITY IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA? EVIDENCE FROM MICRO DATA
Version of Record online: 28 AUG 2012
© 2012 by the European Economic Association
Journal of the European Economic Association
Volume 10, Issue 6, pages 1294–1317, December 2012
How to Cite
Kudamatsu, M. (2012), HAS DEMOCRATIZATION REDUCED INFANT MORTALITY IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA? EVIDENCE FROM MICRO DATA. Journal of the European Economic Association, 10: 1294–1317. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-4774.2012.01092.x
Acknowledgments: The previous version of this paper was awarded the 9th Moriguchi Prize by the Institute of Social and Economic Research at Osaka University. I thank Maitreesh Ghatak, Tim Besley, Robin Burgess, and Oriana Bandiera for numerous comments and encouragements at various stages of this research project. I am also grateful to the editor, anonymous referees, Wiji Arulampalam, Iwan Barankay, Aimee Chin, Stefan Dercon, Esther Duflo, Ray Fisman, Nicola Gennaioli, Hiro Ishise, Hisaki Kono, Rocco Macchiavello, Ted Miguel, Rohini Pande, Torsten Persson, Steve Pischke, Emilia Simeonova, and seminar and conference participants at Warwick, IDE-JETRO, Pompeu Fabra, SITE at Stockholm School of Economics, IIES at Stockholm University, ISER at Osaka University, University of Hong Kong, the 4th Development Economics PhD Seminar (Namur), CSAE Conference 2007 (Oxford), and Royal Economic Society Conference 2007 (Warwick) for helpful suggestions and discussions. Sylvia Meek kindly guided me through the public health literature. Christina Lönnblad provided me with editorial assistance. Financial support from the ERC and Handelsbanken’s Research Foundation is gratefully acknowledged.
- Issue online: 6 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 28 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!