The editor in charge of this paper was edited by Stefano DellaVigna.
PROXYING FOR UNOBSERVABLE VARIABLES WITH INTERNET DOCUMENT-FREQUENCY
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2013
© 2012 by the European Economic Association
Journal of the European Economic Association
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 137–165, February 2013
How to Cite
Saiz, A. and Simonsohn, U. (2013), PROXYING FOR UNOBSERVABLE VARIABLES WITH INTERNET DOCUMENT-FREQUENCY. Journal of the European Economic Association, 11: 137–165. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-4774.2012.01110.x
Acknowledgments: This is an improved version on an older circulating working paper (Saiz and Simonsohn, 2007). We thank participants at departmental presentations at Wharton, Berkeley, and IZA-Bonn, and at NARSC and SJDM conferences, the editor, and three referees for useful comments. Remaining errors are ours. Saiz acknowledges support from the Research Sponsors Program of the Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center at Wharton. Shalini Bhutani, David Kwon, Caleb Li, Joe Evangelist, and Blake Wilmarth provided excellent research assistance. Saiz is also a Research Fellow at IZA.
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 1The internet as a data source for advancement in social sciences, International Journal of Manpower, 2015, 36, 1, 2, , ,
- 2A Resource Efficient Big Data Analysis Method for the Social Sciences: The Case of Global IP Activity, Procedia Computer Science, 2014, 29, 2360, ,
- 3Isolated Capital Cities, Accountability, and Corruption: Evidence from US States†, American Economic Review, 2014, 104, 8, 2456, ,