The editor in charge of this paper was edited by Stefano DellaVigna.
PROXYING FOR UNOBSERVABLE VARIABLES WITH INTERNET DOCUMENT-FREQUENCY
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2013
© 2012 by the European Economic Association
Journal of the European Economic Association
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 137–165, February 2013
How to Cite
Saiz, A. and Simonsohn, U. (2013), PROXYING FOR UNOBSERVABLE VARIABLES WITH INTERNET DOCUMENT-FREQUENCY. Journal of the European Economic Association, 11: 137–165. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-4774.2012.01110.x
Acknowledgments: This is an improved version on an older circulating working paper (Saiz and Simonsohn, 2007). We thank participants at departmental presentations at Wharton, Berkeley, and IZA-Bonn, and at NARSC and SJDM conferences, the editor, and three referees for useful comments. Remaining errors are ours. Saiz acknowledges support from the Research Sponsors Program of the Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center at Wharton. Shalini Bhutani, David Kwon, Caleb Li, Joe Evangelist, and Blake Wilmarth provided excellent research assistance. Saiz is also a Research Fellow at IZA.
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!