This is the sixth version of a paper originally written in 1979.
The Death of Resistance†
Article first published online: 4 AUG 2004
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 11–17, March 1984
How to Cite
DE SHAZER, S. (1984), The Death of Resistance. Family Process, 23: 11–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1545-5300.1984.00011.x
It is important to remember throughout this essay that “positive” and “negative feedback loops,”“deviation-amplifying,”“deviation-counteracting processes,” etc., are just heuristic devices or metaphors. Human systems do not have such things. Human systems are described by an observer “as if.”
- Issue published online: 4 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 4 AUG 2004
- Manuscript received December 2, 1982; Accepted May 3, 1983
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!