This research was supported by a grant from the Paso del Norte Health Foundation's Center for Border Health Research and by a National Institute of Mental Health NRSA Training Grant MH14584 (Psychological Research on Schizophrenic Conditions) both awarded to Ramírez García, as well as by an American Psychological Association Minority Fellowship funded by SAMHSA SM56564 awarded to Hernández. A previous version of the paper was presented as a poster at the Association for Behavior and Cognitive Therapies 40th annual convention, Chicago, IL. We would like to thank James M. Wood, Larry D. Meyer, Bernardo Tarín, and Guillermo Ochoa for their assistance in recruiting participants as well as the family caregivers and their loved ones with mental illness for their time. We appreciate the input of Howard Berenbaum on earlier versions of the paper.
Acceptance and Expressed Emotion in Mexican American Caregivers of Relatives with Schizophrenia
Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2008
2008 © FPI, Inc.
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 215–228, June 2008
How to Cite
DORIAN, M., RAMÍREZ GARCÍA, J. I., LÓPEZ, S. R. and HERNÁNDEZ, B. (2008), Acceptance and Expressed Emotion in Mexican American Caregivers of Relatives with Schizophrenia. Family Process, 47: 215–228. doi: 10.1111/j.1545-5300.2008.00249.x
Special thanks to the UCLA Camberwell Family Raters: Nick Breitborde, Christina Chang, Perla Placencia, and Susana Solano.
Dr. Dorian is now at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, San Diego, CA. Dr. López is now professor of Psychology and Social Work at the University of Southern California.
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2008
- Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!