This research and manuscript preparation were supported by fellowships from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH Training Grant MH15742-26) and the Ford Foundation awarded to Cruz-Santiago; and by an Arnold O. Beckman award from the University of Illinois and a Visiting Scholar Fellowship from Washington University's Center for Latino Family Research awarded to Ramírez García. Special thanks to Carla Hunter, Peggy Miller, Diana Naranjo, and Tiffany Schiffner for their valuable input on previous drafts, and to the research assistants who helped with data collection and analyses. We are very grateful to the parents who participated, and to Dr. Richard Gelb, Principal Natividad Loredo, and the school staff who welcomed our research team.
“Hay Que Ponerse en los Zapatos del Joven”: Adaptive Parenting of Adolescent Children Among Mexican-American Parents Residing in a Dangerous Neighborhood
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2011
2010 © FPI, Inc.
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 92–114, March 2011
How to Cite
CRUZ-SANTIAGO, M. and RAMÍREZ GARCÍA, J. I. (2011), “Hay Que Ponerse en los Zapatos del Joven”: Adaptive Parenting of Adolescent Children Among Mexican-American Parents Residing in a Dangerous Neighborhood. Family Process, 50: 92–114. doi: 10.1111/j.1545-5300.2010.01348.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!