Clinical Sidebar: Laurence Parker, PhD, Research Assistant Professor and Director of Health Services and Outcome Research, Thomas Jefferson Medical College, Department of Radiology, Philadelphia, PA.
Clinical Validation of Ineffective Breathing Pattern, Ineffective Airway Clearance, and Impaired Gas Exchange
Article first published online: 2 OCT 2007
Image: the Journal of Nursing Scholarship
Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 243–248, September 1998
How to Cite
Carlson-Catalano, J., Lunney, M., Paradiso, C., Bruno, J., Luke, B. K., Martin, T., Massoni, M. and Pachter, S. (1998), Clinical Validation of Ineffective Breathing Pattern, Ineffective Airway Clearance, and Impaired Gas Exchange. Image: the Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 30: 243–248. doi: 10.1111/j.1547-5069.1998.tb01299.x
This study was conducted by members of the Research Committee of the Staten Island Nursing Diagnosis Association (SINDA). The authors express deep appreciation to (a) the clinical experts who acted as raters for the study, Jean Gordon, Faith King, Rita Magnuski, Sarah Newman, Susan Pachter, Catherine Paradiso, Corrine Settlecase, and Marian Smith; (b) the nationally known experts in respiratory nursing who judged content validity of the instrument and six case studies, Susan Chase, Kaye Greenlee, Janet Larson, and Regina Maibusch; (c) Arlene Farren for her contributions in the early stages of planning; (d) nurses of the two hospitals for their overall support of the study, especially nurse executives Margaret Gallagher of St. Vincent's Medical Center, Nancy Daurio and Josephine Nappi of Maimonides Medical Center; and (e) the College of Staten Island Department of Nursing for its support of SINDA.
- Issue published online: 2 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 2 OCT 2007
- Accepted for publication December 3, 1997.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.