Relevance of Genomics to Healthcare and Nursing Practice
Article first published online: 31 JAN 2013
Published 2013. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA.
Journal of Nursing Scholarship
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 1–2, March 2013
How to Cite
Calzone, K. A., Jenkins, J., Nicol, N., Skirton, H., Feero, W. G. and Green, E. D. (2013), Relevance of Genomics to Healthcare and Nursing Practice. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 45: 1–2. doi: 10.1111/j.1547-5069.2012.01464.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 31 JAN 2013
- Accepted July 3, 2012
- Consensus Panel on Genetic/Genomic Nursing Competencies. (2009). Essentials of genetic and genomic nursing: Competencies, curricula guidelines, and outcome indicators (2nd ed.). Silver Spring , MD : American Nurses Association.
- 2010). Genomic medicine—An updated primer. New England Journal of Medicine , 362(21), 2001–2011. , , & (
- 2011). Charting a course for genomic medicine from base pairs to bedside. Nature , 470(7333), 204–213. , & (
- National Human Genome Research Institute. (2010). The road to the $1000 genome—A roundup of sequencing technology developments. Retrieved September 1, 2011, from http://www.genome.gov/27540667.
- 2009). Generations of sequencing technologies. Genomics , 93(2), 105–111. , , & (
- 2012). Realizing genomic medicine. New England Journal of Medicine , 366(8), 757–759. , , & (
- 2010). Personal genome sequencing: Current approaches and challenges. Genes and Development , 24, 423–431. , , & (
- 2011). Genetics and genomics in nursing: Evaluating essentials implementation. Nurse Education Today , 31(6), 623–627. , & (
- 2011). Genomic education resources for nursing faculty. Journal of Nursing Scholarship , 43(4), 330–340. , , , , & (