Introduction: Humanistic Approaches to Violence
Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2009
© 2009 by the American Anthropological Association
Anthropology and Humanism
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 1–10, June 2009
How to Cite
WHITEHEAD, N. L. (2009), Introduction: Humanistic Approaches to Violence. Anthropology and Humanism, 34: 1–10. doi: 10.1111/j.1548-1409.2009.01018.x
- Issue online: 5 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2009
- American Anthropological Association 2002 Preface for El Dorado Task Force Papers. Public Policy/Advocacy. Electronic document, http://www.aaanet.org/issues/policy-advocacy/Preface-for-El-Dorado-Task-Force-Papers.cfm, accessed December 22, 2008.
- 2004 Before the Law: The Narrative of the Unconscious in Basque Political Violence. In Violence. Neil L. Whitehead, ed. Pp. 125–156. School of American Research Advanced Seminar Series. Santa Fe: SAR Press.
- 1998 Chronicle of the Guayaki Indians. Paul Auster, trans. New York: Zone.
- 1999 The Fateful Hoaxing of Margaret Mead: A Historical Analysis of Her Samoan Research. New York: Basic.
- 2004 The Glorious Tyranny of Silence and the Resonance of Shamanic Breath. In In Darkness and Secrecy: The Anthropology of Assault Sorcery and Witchcraft in Amazonia. Neil L. Whitehead and Robin Wright, eds. Pp. 132–156. Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
- 2005 Terror and Violence: Imagination and the Unimaginable. London: Pluto. , , and , eds.
- 2002 Darkness in El Dorado: How Scientists and Journalists Devastated the Amazon. New York: W. W. Norton.
- 2007 Violence and the Cultural Order. Daedalus (Winter):1–11.
- 2008 Introduction. In Hans Staden's True History: An Account of Cannibal Captivity in Brazil, by Hans Staden. Neil L. Whitehead, ed. Michael Harbsmeier, trans. Pp. i–civ. Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
- 2009 Post-Human Anthropology. Identities: Global Studies in Culture and Power 16(1):1–32.
- 2008 Suicide, Violence, and Cultural Conceptions of Martyrdom in Palestine. Social Research 75(2):395–415. , and