“Hummus is best when it is fresh and made by Arabs”: The gourmetization of hummus in Israel and the return of the repressed Arab
Article first published online: 11 NOV 2011
© 2011 by the American Anthropological Association
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 617–630, November 2011
How to Cite
HIRSCH, D. (2011), “Hummus is best when it is fresh and made by Arabs”: The gourmetization of hummus in Israel and the return of the repressed Arab. American Ethnologist, 38: 617–630. doi: 10.1111/j.1548-1425.2011.01326.x
- Issue published online: 11 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 11 NOV 2011
- accepted May 17, 2011 , final version submitted March 7, 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!