Toward an Anthropology of Labor
Article first published online: 11 JUN 2009
© 2009 by the American Anthropological Association
City & Society
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 11–15, June 2009
How to Cite
KASMIR, S. (2009), Toward an Anthropology of Labor. City & Society, 21: 11–15. doi: 10.1111/j.1548-744X.2009.01011.x
- Issue published online: 11 JUN 2009
- Article first published online: 11 JUN 2009
- 2005 Labor Needs a Hard Left Turn. Truth Out, 7/21/2005. http://dbacon.igc.org/Unions/2005leftturn.html
- 1998 General Motors—A Political Strike Confronts the Global Economy. 7/26/1998. http://dbacon.igc.org/Strikes/13GMStrike.htm
- 1996 Depoliticizing War. Review of Sleeping with Ghosts. A Life's Work in Photography. Photographs by Don McCullin. Aperture, May 1996. http://dbacon.igc.org/Art/03PolWar.html
- 2008 W.E.B. Du Bois's Darkwater and an Anti-Colonialist Anthropology. Dialectical Anthropology 32(1–2):113–121. and
- 2007 Making Democracy Matter: Identity and Activism in Los Angeles. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
- 2003 The New Imperialism. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press.
- 2008 New Community Organizing with Low-Wage Workers: A Conversation with Andrew Friedman of Make the Road New York. Regional Labor Review, Fall:12–17.