This article is based on a paper presented at the meeting of the Rural Sociological Society, Columbus, OH, in August of 1991 as part of a panel on “Homeless in Rural America: Causes, Patterns, and Responses.” Field research for the paper was conducted in upstate New York in 1990–1991 under a grant from the Ford Foundation through the Aspen Institute's Rural Economic Policy Program.
On the Edge of Homelessness: Rural Poverty and Housing Insecurity1
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2010
1992 Rural Sociological Society
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 173–193, June 1992
How to Cite
Fitchen, J. M. (1992), On the Edge of Homelessness: Rural Poverty and Housing Insecurity. Rural Sociology, 57: 173–193. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.1992.tb00462.x
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!