Part of this article was presented at a miniconference on “Resistance and Agency in Contemporary Agriculture and Food” at the 2003 Annual Meeting of the Agriculture, Food, and Human Values Society in Austin, TX. The article was originally presented at a miniconference on “Agrifoodies for Action Research” at the 2008 Annual Meeting of the Rural Sociological Society in Santa Clara, CA. I am deeply appreciative of colleagues who participated in discussions including Patricia Allen, Sandro Bonanno, Gianluca Brunori, Michael Burawoy, David Burch, Larry Busch, Doug Constance, Laura DeLind, Harriet Friedmann, Sarita Gaytan, Donna Haraway, Ray Jussaume, Valerie Kuletz, Geoff Lawrence, Dustin Mulvaney, Elizabeth Ransom, Carolyn Sachs, Peter Sinclair, Masashi Tachikawa, Keiko Tanaka, Steven Wolf, and Wynne Wright. Comments from four anonymous reviewers are also acknowledged and appreciated.
New Ways of Working and Organization: Alternative Agrifood Movements and Agrifood Researchers
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 75, Issue 4, pages 601–627, December 2010
How to Cite
Friedland, W. H. (2010), New Ways of Working and Organization: Alternative Agrifood Movements and Agrifood Researchers. Rural Sociology, 75: 601–627. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2010.00031.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!