We would like to acknowledge Robert Moxley, Ronald Wimberley, Edward Kick, Scott Fitzpatrick, R.V. Rikard, and four anonymous reviewers and the editorial staff of Rural Sociology for their valuable comments and suggestions on earlier versions of this article. We also extend our thanks to the residents of the island of Carriacou, Grenada, for their assistance in our research. This research was partially funded by the Department of Sociology and Anthropology and the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management at North Carolina State University. Please direct correspondence to: Karl A. Jicha, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, North Carolina State University, Box 8107, Raleigh, NC 27695-0001, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual Participation in Collective Action in the Context of a Caribbean Island State: Testing the Effects of Multiple Dimensions of Social Capital
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2011, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 76, Issue 2, pages 229–256, June 2011
How to Cite
Jicha, K. A., Thompson, G. H., Fulkerson, G. M. and May, J. E. (2011), Individual Participation in Collective Action in the Context of a Caribbean Island State: Testing the Effects of Multiple Dimensions of Social Capital. Rural Sociology, 76: 229–256. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2010.00042.x
- Issue published online: 2 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!