The authors would like to thank a countless number of individuals who provided helpful comments to improve this manuscript. We offer a special thanks to the anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments. We would also like to offer our sincere gratitude to Douglas Massey, the members of the Mexican Migration Project, Rogelio Saenz, Dudley Poston, Zulema Valdez, Eugenia Conde, and to many of the members of the Sociology department at Texas A&M University for their valuable comments, their words of encouragement, and their solidarity throughout the review process.
Place of Origin, Types of Ties, and Support Networks in Mexico–U.S. Migration*
Article first published online: 5 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 76, Issue 4, pages 481–510, December 2011
How to Cite
Flores-Yeffal, N. Y. and Aysa-Lastra, M. (2011), Place of Origin, Types of Ties, and Support Networks in Mexico–U.S. Migration. Rural Sociology, 76: 481–510. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2011.00060.x
- Issue published online: 5 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 5 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!