This article is a revised version of the presidential address presented at the annual meetings of the Rural Sociological Society, Boise, ID, on July 28, 2011. I acknowledge the computing assistance of Lisa Cimbaluk and Richard Turner as well as the helpful comments of David Brown, Charlie Hirschman, Ken Johnson, William Kandel, Mimmo Parisi, and Sharon Sassler on early drafts of this article.
Immigration and the New Racial Diversity in Rural America*
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 77, Issue 1, pages 3–35, March 2012
How to Cite
Lichter, D. T. (2012), Immigration and the New Racial Diversity in Rural America. Rural Sociology, 77: 3–35. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2012.00070.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!