This study was made possible by a Seed Grant from the College of Agricultural Sciences at Pennsylvania State University and support from the Goodling Institute for Research in Family Literacy and the Institute for the Study of Adult Literacy (ISAL). The other members of our research team, Fern K. (Bunny) Willits (Rural Sociology, Penn State) and Sheila Sherow (ISAL, Penn State), were instrumental in conceptualizing and implementing the study. We also wish to thank the ESL providers who so generously shared their time and perspectives with us. Direct correspondence to Esther Prins at Pennsylvania State University, 305B Keller Building, University Park, PA 16802, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and to Blaire Willson Toso at Pennsylvania State University, 405 Keller Building, University Park, PA 16802, e-mail email@example.com.
Receptivity toward Immigrants in Rural Pennsylvania: Perceptions of Adult English as Second Language Providers*
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 77, Issue 3, pages 435–461, September 2012
How to Cite
Prins, E. and Toso, B. W. (2012), Receptivity toward Immigrants in Rural Pennsylvania: Perceptions of Adult English as Second Language Providers. Rural Sociology, 77: 435–461. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2012.00081.x
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!