This research was supported by a grant from the Institute of Education Sciences (R305A04056) awarded to the National Research Center on Rural Education Support at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the granting agency. We wish to thank three anonymous reviewers for their thoughtful comments and suggestions on earlier versions of this manuscript. Any remaining errors are our responsibility. Direct correspondence to Soo-yong Byun, Department of Education Policy Studies, College of Education, the Pennsylvania State University, 208F Rackely Building, University Park, PA 16802; e-mail: email@example.com; phone: 814-865-9271.
The Role of Social Capital in Educational Aspirations of Rural Youth†
Article first published online: 12 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 77, Issue 3, pages 355–379, September 2012
How to Cite
Byun, S.-y., Meece, J. L., Irvin, M. J. and Hutchins, B. C. (2012), The Role of Social Capital in Educational Aspirations of Rural Youth. Rural Sociology, 77: 355–379. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2012.00086.x
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 12 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!