I gratefully acknowledge the National Science Foundation, SBE-Sociology Program (award 0920980) for funding research presented here and the journal editor and reviewers for constructive comments on this article. I owe special thanks to Erica Schelly for her able research assistance and to the fair trade–certified farm owners, managers, and workers who helped inform this study. Thanks are due also to the industry, labor, and fair trade representatives interviewed as part of this study. The views presented here are mine and should not be attributed to these individuals or organizations.
Fair Trade Flowers: Global Certification, Environmental Sustainability, and Labor Standards†
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 77, Issue 4, pages 493–519, December 2012
How to Cite
Raynolds, L. T. (2012), Fair Trade Flowers: Global Certification, Environmental Sustainability, and Labor Standards. Rural Sociology, 77: 493–519. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2012.00090.x
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!