Leah VanWey received funding from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH grant R01-HD3581 “Amazonian Deforestation and the Structure of Households.” Trina Vithayathil received funding from the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (DGE-0228243). This research was supported in part by the Population Studies and Training Center (PSTC) at Brown University. The PSTC receives core support from Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (R24HD041020, T32HD007338). Direct correspondence to Leah VanWey, Brown University, MS 1916, Maxcy Hall, Providence, RI 02912, 401-863-1942. E-mail: Leah_Vanwey@brown.edu.
Off-farm Work among Rural Households: A Case Study in the Brazilian Amazon†
Version of Record online: 16 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012, by the Rural Sociological Society
Volume 78, Issue 1, pages 29–50, March 2013
How to Cite
VanWey, L. and Vithayathil, T. (2013), Off-farm Work among Rural Households: A Case Study in the Brazilian Amazon. Rural Sociology, 78: 29–50. doi: 10.1111/j.1549-0831.2012.00094.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 16 DEC 2012
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH. Grant Number: R01-HD3581
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!