For a list of workshop participants, see the Appendix online at http://www.greenjournal.org/cgi/content/full/112/3/661/DC1.
The 2008 National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Workshop Report on Electronic Fetal Monitoring: Update on Definitions, Interpretation, and Research Guidelines
Version of Record online: 29 AUG 2008
© 2008 AWHONN, the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing
Volume 37, Issue 5, pages 510–515, September/October 2008
How to Cite
Macones, G. A., Hankins, G. D. V., Spong, C. Y., Hauth, J. and Moore, T. (2008), The 2008 National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Workshop Report on Electronic Fetal Monitoring: Update on Definitions, Interpretation, and Research Guidelines. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 37: 510–515. doi: 10.1111/j.1552-6909.2008.00284.x
Financial Disclosure The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue online: 9 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 AUG 2008
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. (2005). ACOG Practice Bulletin. Clinical Management Guidelines for Obstetrician-Gynecologists, Number 70, December 2005 (Replaces Practice Bulletin Number 62, May 2005). Intrapartum fetal heart rate monitoring. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 106, 1453-1460.
- 1990). Graphic mnemonic for variable decelerations. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 163, 1098. (
- 2007). Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists of Canada, British Columbia Perinatal Health Program. Fetal health surveillance: Antepartum and intrapartum consensus guideline [published erratum appears in Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada 2007;29:909]. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada, 29 (Suppl.), S3-S56. , & (
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Research Planning Workshop (1997). Electronic Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring: Research Guidelines for Interpretation. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 177, 1385-1390.
- 2007). A framework for standardized management of intrapartum fetal heart rate patterns. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 197, e1-e6. , & (
- 2006). Fetal acidemia and electronic fetal heart rate patterns: Is there evidence of an association? The Journal of Maternal Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, 19, 289-294. , , , & (
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. (2001). The use of electronic fetal monitoring: The use and interpretation of cardiotocography in intrapartum fetal surveillance. Evidence-based clinical guideline number 8. Clinical Effectiveness Support Unit. London, U.K.: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Press. Retrieved June 30, 2006, from http://www.rcog.org.uk/resources/public/pdf/efm_guideline_final_2may2001.pdf.