An official position statement of the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric & Neonatal Nursing
HIV Screening for Pregnant Women and Infants
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2011
© 2011 AWHONN, the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 154–155, January/February 2012
How to Cite
(2012), HIV Screening for Pregnant Women and Infants. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 41: 154–155. doi: 10.1111/j.1552-6909.2011.01325.x
Approved by the AWHONN Board of Directors, 2007. Revised, retitled and reaffirmed November 2011.
AWHONN 2000 L St. N.W., Suite 740 Washington, DC 20036 (800) 673-8499
- Issue published online: 23 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2011
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. (2008). Prenatal and perinatal human immunodeficiency virus testing: Expanded recommendations. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 418, 739-742.
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs. (2007). Toward universal HIV screening for pregnant women. Policy brief. Washington, DC: Author.
- 2006). Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care Settings. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 55, 1-17. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr55 14a1.htm , , , , , , & (
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2011). One test. Two lives. HIV screening for prenatal care. Atlanta, GA: Author. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/Features/1Test2Lives
- March of Dimes. (2011). Pregnancy complications. White Plains, NY: March of Dimes Foundation. Retrieved from http://www.marchof dimes.com/complications_hiv.html
- National Institutes of Health, Panel on Treatment of HIV-Infected Pregnant Women and Prevention of Perinatal Transmission. (2010). Recommendations for use of antiretroviral drugs in pregnant HIV-1-infected women for maternal health and interventions to reduce perinatal HIV transmission in the United States. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health. Retrieved from http://www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/ContentFiles/PerinatalGL.pdf
- 2008). CD4+/CD8 +T cell ratio for diagnosis of HIV-1 infection in infants: Women and Infants Transmission Study. Pediatrics, 122, 331-339. , , , , , , … (