Old and Vulnerable in the Emergency Department
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
© 1995 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 2, Issue 8, pages 667–669, August 1995
How to Cite
Morley, J. E. and Miller, D. K. (1995), Old and Vulnerable in the Emergency Department. Academic Emergency Medicine, 2: 667–669. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.1995.tb03613.x
- Issue published online: 29 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
- Received: November 17, 1994; accepted: November 21, 1994.
- The older person and the emergency department. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1993; 42:880–2. ,
- Geriatric emergency medicine: a survey of practicing emergency physicians. Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:796–801. , ,
- Multicenter study of case finding in elderly emergency department patients. Acad Emerg Med. 1995; 2:729–34. , , , ,
- Clarifying confusion: the confusion assessment method. Ann Intern Med. 1990; 113:941–8. , , , , ,
- Unrecognized delirium in geriatric patients seen in the emergency department. Am J Emerg Med. 1995; 13:142–5. , , , ,
- Formal geriatric instruments and the care of elderly general medical outpatients. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1990; 38:645–51. , , , et al.
- Geriatric patient emergency visits. Part II: Perceptions of visits by geriatric and younger patients. Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:808–13. , , , et al.
- The discharge of elderly patients from an accident and emergency department: functional changes and risk of readmission. Age Ageing. 1990; 19:415–8. , , , et al.
- Elderly patients discharged from accident and emergency departments—their dependency and support. Arch Emerg Med. 1984; 1:205–13. , , ,
- Elderly patients in the emergency department: a prospective study of characteristics and outcome. Med J Aust. 1992; 157:234–9.
- Survey of patients 65 years of age or older discharged from the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 22:953–4. ,
- Depression. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1989; 37:454–72. , , , et al.
- Geriatric emergencies: psychiatric or medical. Am J Psychiatry. 1983; 140:539–42. , ,
- The diagnosis of depression in the elderly. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1980; 28:52–8.
- Depression and increased risk of mortality in the nursing home patient. Am J Med. 1993; 94:198–225.
- Causes of weight loss in a community nursing home. J Am Geriatr Med. 1994; 42:583–5. ,
- Who do physicians fail to recognize and treat malnutrition in older persons? J Am Geriatr Soc. 1991; 39:1139–40.
- Anorexia in older patients: its meaning and management. Geriatrics. 1990; 45:59–66.
- Idiopathic CD4+ T-lymphopenia in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1994; 42:1291–4. ,
- Elder abuse. Clin Geriatr Med. 1991; 7:831–45. ,
- Abuse of elderly people by their caregivers. Br Med J. 1990; 301:1359–62. ,
- Abuse and neglect of the elderly. Ann Emerg Med. 1990; 19:970–7. , ,
- Predictors of immediate and 6-month outcome in hospitalized elderly patients. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1988; 36:775–83. , , , et al.
- Value of functional status as a predictor of mortality: results of a prospective study. Am J Med. 1992; 93:663–9. , , ,
- Incidence of drug interactions in elderly patients in the emergency department [abstract]. Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 22:916. , ,
- A public health approach to emergency medicine: preparing for the twenty-first century. Acad Emerg Med. 1994; 1:277–86. , , , et al.
- Care of the elderly in emergency departments: conclusions and recommendations. Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:830–4.
- Emergency department immunization of the elderly with pneumococcal and influenza vaccines. Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 21:1729–32. ,