Multicenter Study of Case Finding in Elderly Emergency Department Patients
Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2008
© 1995 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 2, Issue 8, pages 729–734, August 1995
How to Cite
Gerson, L. W., Rousseau, E. W., Hogan, T. M., Bernstein, E. and Kalbfleisch, N. (1995), Multicenter Study of Case Finding in Elderly Emergency Department Patients. Academic Emergency Medicine, 2: 729–734. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.1995.tb03626.x
- Issue online: 29 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2008
- Received: May 13, 1994 Revision received: August 12, 1994 Accepted: August 20, 1994
- U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging. Aging America: Trends and Projections. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1988.
- National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Statistics of the United States, 1988; vol 2, sec 6, life tables. DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 91–1104. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1991.
- Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives. DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 91–50212. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1991.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: An Assessment of the Effectiveness of 169 Interventions. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1989.
- Health status assessment for elderly patients: report of the Society of General Internal Medicine Task Force on Health Assessment. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1989; 37:562–9. , , , et al.
- National Cancer Institute. Working Guidelines for Early Cancer Detection: Rationale and Supporting Evidence to Decrease Mortality. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 1987.
- Medical Practice Committee, American College of Physicians. Periodic health examination: a guide for designing individualized preventive health care in the asymptomatic patient. Ann Intern Med 1981; 95:729–32.
- A simple procedure for general screening for functional disability in elderly patients. Ann Intern Med. 1990; 112:699–706. , , , et al.
- A criterion-based review of preventive health care in the elderly: part 1. Theoretical framework and development of criteria. J Fam Pract 1992; 34:205–24. , , ,
- Use of emergency departments by elderly patients: projections from a multicenter data base. Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:819–24. , ,
- Using paramedics to identify at-risk elderly. Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:688–91. , ,
- The association of self-rated health with two year mortality in a sample of well elderly. J Aging Health. 1991; 3:527–43. , ,
- Detecting alcoholism: the CAGE questionnaire. JAMA. 1984; 252:1905–7.
- Validation of the Hwalek-Sengstock elder abuse screening test. J Appl Gerontol. 1991; 10:406–18. , , , et al.
- A public health approach to emergency medicine: preparing for the twenty-first century. Acad Emerg Med. 1994; 1:277–86. , , , et al.
- Care of the elderly in emergency departments: conclusions and recommendations. Ann Emerg Med. 1992; 21:830–4.
- Linking the elderly to community services. J Emerg Med Serv. 1991; 16:45–8. , , ,
- Emergency department immunization of the elderly with pneumococcal and influenza vaccines. Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 21:1729–32. ,