Stiff-man Syndrome: Case Report
Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2008
© 1995 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 2, Issue 8, pages 735–738, August 1995
How to Cite
Kuhn, W. F., Light, P. J. and Kuhn, S. C. (1995), Stiff-man Syndrome: Case Report. Academic Emergency Medicine, 2: 735–738. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.1995.tb03627.x
- Issue online: 29 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2008
- Received: August 5, 1994 Revision received: October 31, 1994 Accepted: November 15, 1994
- Progressive fluctuating muscular rigidity and spasm (stiff-man syndrome): report of a case and some observations in 13 other cases. Mayo Clin Proc. 1956; 31:421–7. ,
- A critical survey of stiff-man syndrome. Am J Med. 1967; 42:582–99. , ,
- Stiff-man syndrome updated. Mayo Clin Proc. 1989; 64:629–36. , ,
- Stiff-man syndrome. Semin Neurol. 1991; 11:197–205.
- Stiff-person syndrome. Can J Neurol Sci. 1992; 19:383–8. , ,
- A novel antineuronal antibody in stiff-man syndrome. Neurology. 1993; 43:114–20. , , , ,
- Autoantibodies to a 128-kd synaptic protein in three women with the stiff-man syndrome and breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 1993; 328:546–51. , et al.
- Autoimmunity to glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) in stiff-man syndrome and insulin-dependent diabetes melitis. Trends Neurosci. 1991; 14:452–7. ,
- A new and effective treatment for stiff-man syndrome: preliminary report. Mayo Clin Proc. 1963; 38:203–12.
- Autoantibodies directed against GABA-ergic synapses in stiff-man syndrome. N Engl J Med. 1990; 322:1555–60. , , et al.
- Autoantibodies to GABA-ergic neurons and response to plasmapheresis in stiff-man syndrome. Neurology. 1991; 41:1588–92. ,
- Stiff-person syndrome: an autoimmune disease. Mov Disord. 1991; 6:12–20. ,