Case Conference: Complete Heart Block in a Young Man
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
© 1995 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 2, Issue 8, pages 751–756, August 1995
How to Cite
Huff, J. S., Syverud, S. A. and Tucci, M. A. (1995), Case Conference: Complete Heart Block in a Young Man. Academic Emergency Medicine, 2: 751–756. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.1995.tb03631.x
- Issue published online: 29 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
- Received: November 5, 1993 Revision received: September 23, 1994 Accepted: November 16, 1994
- Prehospital transcutaneous pacing for symptomatic bradycardia. PACE Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1991; 14:1473–1478. , , , , ,
- Cardiac pacing. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 1988; 6:197–215.
- Emergency Cardiac Care Committee and Subcommittees, American Heart Association. Guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiac care. Part III: Adult advanced cardiac life support. JAMA 1992; 268:2213–4.
- Safety and efficacy of noninvasive cardiac pacing: a preliminary report. N Engl J Med. 1983; 309:1166–8. , ,
- Transcutaneous pacemakers. Health Dev. 1988; 17:39–47.
- A comparative trial of five transcutaneous pacing devices in unanesthetized human volunteers. Prehosp Disaster Med. 1989; 4:15–20. , , , ,
- External noninvasive temporary cardiac pacing: clinical trials. Circulation 1985; 71:937–44. , , , , ,
- Radiologic assessment of transvenous pacemaker insertion during CPR. Ann Emerg Med. 1986; 14:131–7. , , ,
- A new device and method for rapid emergency pacing: clinical use in 10 patients. PACE Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1982; 5:929–33. , , , ,
- Near fatal yew berry intoxication treated with external cardiac pacing and digoxin specific FAB antibody fragments. Ann Emerg Med. 1990; 19:38–43. , ,
- Recognition of arrhythmias and conduction abnormalities. In: HurstJW, SchlantRC, RackleyCE, SonnenblickEH, WengerNK (eds). The Heart, Arteries and Veins, ed 7. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1990, pp 433–75. ,
- Severe cardiac conduction abnormalities associated with atypical toxic shock syndrome. J Pediatr. 1990; 117:89–92. , , , , ,
- Congenital complete atrioventricular block. Pediatr Clin North Am. 1990; 37:69–78.
- The cardiomyopathies and myocarditides: toxic, chemical, and physical damage to the heart. In: BraunwaldE. (ed). Heart Disease, ed 4. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders, 1992, pp 1394–450. ,
- Lyme carditis: cardiac abnormalities of Lyme disease. Ann Intern Med. 1980; 93:8–16. , , , et al.
- Cardiovascular manifestations of Lyme disease. Am Heart J. 1991; 122:1449–55. ,
- Lyme myocarditis diagnoses by gallium scan. J Pediatr. 1984; 105:950–2. , ,
- Lyme carditis: electrophysiologic and histopathologic study. Am J Med. 1986; 81:923–7. , , , et al.
- Indium 111-monoclonal antimyosin antibody and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of acute Lyme myopericarditis. Arch Intern Med. 1993; 153:2696–700. , , , et al.
- Transient complete AV block in Lyme disease. Chest. 1989; 96:219–21. , ,
- Lyme carditis: high-grade heart block in Lyme disease. Minn Med. 1987; 70:345–6. ,
- Lyme carditis: an important cause of reversible heart block. Ann Intern Med. 1989; 110:339–45. , , , , ,
- Cardiac involvement in Lyme disease: manifestations and management. Mayo Clin Proc. 1986; 61:745–9. , ,
- Complete heart block due to Lyme disease [letter]. N Engl J Med. 1986; 315:1418.
- Irreversible complete heart block in Lyme disease. Am J Med. 1991; 90:531–3. , , , ,
- Complete heart block as the sole manifestation of Lyme disease. Arch Intern Med. 1989; 149:1897–8. , ,
- Symptomatic high grade heart block in Lyme disease. Chest. 1981; 79:236–7. , ,
- Erythema chronicum migrans and lyme arthritis: the enlarging clinical spectrum. Ann Intern Med. 1977; 86:685–98. , , , , ,
- Lyme carditis: clinical characteristics of 105 cases. Scand J Infect Dis. Suppl. 1991; 77:81–4.
- (ed). Treatment of Lyme disease. Med Lett. 1992; 34:95–7.
- Lyme disease: recommendations for diagnosis and treatment. Ann Intern Med. 1991; 114:472–81. ,
- Lyme borreliosis as a cause of myocarditis and heart muscle disease. Eur Heart J. 1991; 12(suppl):73–5. , , , et al.
- Borrelia burgdorferi as an etiologic agent in chronic heart failure? Scand J Infect Dis. 1991; 77:85–7. , , ,
- Unexpected cardiac abnormalities in Lyme disease. Br Med J. 1993; 307:736–7. ,
- Isolation of Borrelia burgdorferi from the myocardium of a patient with long-standing cardiomyopathy. N Engl J Med. 1990; 322:249–52. , , ,
- Late cardiac manifestation of infection with Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme disease). Br Med J. 1993; 307:173. , , ,
- Ventricular tachycardia associated with Lyme carditis. Am Heart J. 1991; 121:1558–61. , , , ,
- Fatal pancarditis in a patient with coexistent Lyme disease and babesiosis. Ann Intern Med. 1985; 103:374–6. , , , ,
- The 12-lead electrocardiogram of “healthy” ambulatory subjects with positive Lyme immunoserology. Am J Cardiol. 1993; 71:1249–51. , , , et al.
- Electrocardiographic findings in children with Lyme disease. Pediatr Emerg Care. 1991; 7:334–6. , , , et al.