Oregon Emergency Physicians' Experiences with, Attitudes toward, and Concerns about Physician-assisted Suicide
Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2008
© 1996 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 3, Issue 10, pages 938–945, October 1996
How to Cite
Schmidt, T. A., Zechnich, A. D., Tilden, V. P., Lee, M. A., Ganzini, L., Nelson, H. D. and Tolle, S. W. (1996), Oregon Emergency Physicians' Experiences with, Attitudes toward, and Concerns about Physician-assisted Suicide. Academic Emergency Medicine, 3: 938–945. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.1996.tb03323.x
- Issue online: 29 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2008
- Received: February 1, 1996; revision received: April 4, 1996; accepted: April 14, 1996: updated: April 21, 1996.
- 1State of Oregon et al. U.S.D.C. No. 94–6467-HO (D.Or.)., et al.
- 2Ballot Measure 16. Oregon Voters' Pamphlet. Portland, OR: Multnomah County Elections Division, 1994.
- 7American Nurses Association. Position Statement on Assisted Suicide. Kansas City, MO: American Nurses Association, 1994.
- 8American Geriatrics Society Ethics Committee. Physician-assisted suicide and voluntary active euthanasia. J Am Geriatr Soc 1995;43:579–80.
- 16Sovereignty stewardship, and the self religious perspectives on euthanasia. In: MisbinRI (ed). Euthanasia: The Good of the Patient, The Good of Society. Frederick, MD: University Publishing Group, 1992.
- 18Content Analysis: An Introduction to Its Methodology, 4th ed. Newbury Park, CA: Sage, 1980.
- 19Oregon Board of Medical Examiners. Characteristics of Oregon physicians. Unpublished data, Jan 1993.
- 26Institute of Medical Ethics Working Group on the Ethics of Prolonging Life and Assisting Death. Assisted death. Lancet 1990;336:610–3.
- 27Oregon Health Plan Report on Alternatives for Increased Coverage: Report to Legislature. Salem, OR, Mar 8, 1995, p. 71. 17.
- 28Euthanasia in the Netherlands: brief historical review and present situation. In: MisbinRI (ed). Euthanasia: The Good of the Patient, The Good of Society. Frederick, MD: University Publishing Group, 1992.
- 30Task Force on Physician-assisted Suicide, Society for Health and Human Values. Physician-assisted suicide: toward a comprehensive understanding. Acad Med. 1995; 7033–90.