Behavioral Risk Factors in Emergency Department Patients: A Multisite Survey
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 5, Issue 8, pages 781–787, August 1998
How to Cite
Lowenstein, S. R., Koziol-McLain, J., Thompson, M., Bernstein, E., Greenberg, K., Gerson, L. W., Buczynsky, P. and Blanda, M. (1998), Behavioral Risk Factors in Emergency Department Patients: A Multisite Survey. Academic Emergency Medicine, 5: 781–787. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.1998.tb02504.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received October 20, 1997; revision received: February 3,1998; accepted February 3, 1998.
- 1Ambulatory care visits of physician offices, hospital outpatient departments, and emergency departments: United States, 1995. Vital Health Stat 1997; 129: 1–38.
- 2American Hospital Association. Hospital Statistics. Chicago , IL : AHA, 1996.
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 1993 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey System Questions. Atlanta : CDC, 1993.
- 5Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 1994 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey System Questions. Atlanta : CDC, 1994.
- 6Colorado Department of Health and Environment. 1993 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey System State-Added Questions. Denver : Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 1993.
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health Interview Survey. Atlanta , CDC, 1994, pp 142–250.
- 8Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Adolescent and Student Health Survey. Atlanta : CDC, 1987.
- 11SAS Institute Cary , NC : SAS Institute, Inc., 1988.
- 13Which animal has more “common sense,” man or beast JAMA. 1896; 26:464–8.
- 14Is there a need for preventive health care in emergency medicine? [abstract]. Ann Emerg Med. 1990;19:487., , ,
- 21U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2000:Review 1995–96. Bethesda , MD : DHHS Pub. 1996.
- 22Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Health insurance coverage and receipt of preventive health services – United States, 1993. MMWR. 1995;44:219–25.
- 23U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Developing Objectives for Healthy People 2010. Atlanta : CDC, 1997.
- 28Youth risk behavior surveillance–United States, 1995. MMWR. 1996; 45(SS-4): 1–84., , , et al.