Unnecessary Out-of-hospital Use of Full Spinal Immobilization
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 278–280, March 1998
How to Cite
McHugh, T. P. and Taylor, J. P. (1998), Unnecessary Out-of-hospital Use of Full Spinal Immobilization. Academic Emergency Medicine, 5: 278–280. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.1998.tb02632.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- 3Inter-rater reliability of cervical spine injury criteria [abstract]. Acad Emerg Med. 1996;3:533., , , et al.
- 5Out-of-hospital cervical spinal clearance:agreement between emergency medical technicians and emergency physicians [abstract]. Acad Emerg Med. 1997;4:416–7., , , ,
- 8Blunt neck injury. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 1993;11:71–9.,
- 9Clearing the cervical spine. Proceedings of the Eastern States Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons:Point/Counterpoint XV. 1995;93–104.
- 11American College of Radiology Task Force on Appropriateness Criteria. Appropriateness Criteria for Imaging and Treatment Decisions. Reston, VA, 1995.
- 15Maine taps medics' spinal skills. J Emerg Med Serv. 1997;22(3):77–83.
- 16Chapter 34. In: McSwainNE, WhiteRD, PaturasJL, et al (eds). The Basic EMT:Comprehensive Prehospital Patient Care. St Louis , MO : Mosby Life, 1997, pp 630–48.