Task Force members are listed on page 1055.
Women in Academic Emergency Medicine
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 7, Issue 9, pages 999–1007, September 2000
How to Cite
Cydulka, R. K., D'Onofrio, G., Schneider, S., Emerman, C. L., Sullivan, L. M. and The SAEM Women and Minorities Task Force (2000), Women in Academic Emergency Medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine, 7: 999–1007. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2000.tb02091.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received March 13, 2000; accepted April 1, 2000
- Association of American Medial Colleges U.S. Medical School Faculty 1997: Faculty Roster System. Washington , DC : AAMC, 1997.
- AAMC Project Committee on Increasing Women's Leadership in Academic Medicine Increasing women's leadership in academic medicine. Acad Med. 1996; 71:799–811.
- Comparing the status of women and men in academic medicine. Ann Intern Med. 1993; 119:908–13. , , , .
- Promotion of women physicians in academic medicine. Glass ceiling or sticky floor? [see comments]. JAMA. 1995; 273:1022–5. , , , .
- Sex differences in academic advancement. Results of a national study of pediatricians. N Engl J Med. 1996;335:1282–9. , , , , , .
- Women physicians in academic medicine: new insights from cohort studies [see comments]. N Engl J Med. 2000; 342:399–405. .
- The status of women at one academic medical center. Breaking through the glass ceiling [see comments]. JAMA. 1990; 264:1813–7. , , , .
- Sex differences in rank attainment among radiology and internal medicine faculty. Acad Med. 1989; 64:198–202. , , .
- Medicine is no longer a man's profession. Or, when the men's club goes coed it's time to change the regs [see comments]. N Engl J Med. 1989; 321:1542–4. .
- Toward a more perfect world—eliminating sexual discrimination in academic medicine [editorial; comment] [see comments]. N Engl J Med. 1993; 328:351–2. .
- Research, academic rank, and compensation of women and men faculty in academic general internal medicine. J Gen Intern Med. 1992;7:418–23. , , , , .
- Gender diversity—struggle in the glass house. Mayo Clin Proc. 1999;74:201–3. , .
- Career development for women in academic medicine: multiple interventions in a department of medicine [see comments]. JAMA. 1996;276:898–905. , , , et al.
- Gender and research productivity in US and Canadian schools of dentistry. A preliminary investigation. Eur J Dent Educ. 1998; 2:42–5. .
- Relationships of gender and career motivation to medical faculty members' production of academic publications. Acad Med. 1998;73:180–6. , , , et al.
- The outer circle: women in the scientific community. In: Zuckerman H, Cole, Bruer RT (eds.). A Theory of Limited Differences: Explaining the Productivity Puzzle in Science. New York : W. W. Norton and Company, 1991. , .
- Professional networks: the influence of colleagues on the academic success of faculty. Acad Med. 1995; 70:1108–16. , , , .
- Junior faculty members' mentoring relationships and their professional development in U.S. medical schools. Acad Med. 1998;73:318–23. , , , et al.
- The mentor system in medicine—how it works for women. J Am Med Womens Assoc. 1985;40:51–3. .
- Increasing the proportion of women in academic medicine: one institution's response [see comments]. Mayo Clin Proc. 1999;74:113–9. , , .
- Research activities of faculty in academic departments of medicine. Ann Intern Med. 1986; 104:90–7. , , , , .
- Sex differences in psychiatrists' practice patterns and incomes [see comments]. Am J Psychiatry. 1994; 151:96–101. , , , .
- Relation of family responsibilities and gender to the productivity and career satisfaction of medical faculty [see comments]. Ann Intern Med. 1998; 129:532–8. , , , et al.