Use of Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure in Out-of-hospital Patients
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 7, Issue 9, pages 1065–1068, September 2000
How to Cite
Craven, R. A., Singletary, N., Bosken, L., Sewell, E., Payne, M. and Lipsey, R. (2000), Use of Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure in Out-of-hospital Patients. Academic Emergency Medicine, 7: 1065–1068. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2000.tb02102.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received January 24, 2000; revisions received May 3, 2000; accepted May 8, 2000
- Noninvasive nasal mask ventilation for acute respiratory failure. Chest. 1994; 105:441–9. , , .
- Noninvasive positive pressure ventilation to treat respiratory failure. Ann Intern Med. 1994;120:760–70. , .
- Noninvasive pressure support ventilation in patients with acute respiratory failure. Chest. 1993; 3:907–13. , , , , , .
- Noninvasive face mask ventilation in patients with acute respiratory failure. Chest. 1989; 95:865–70. , , , .
- Continuous positive airway pressure without endotracheal intubation in spontaneously breathing patients. Chest. 1976;69:615–9. , , , , , .
- Cardiovascular disorders: diseases of the myocardium, acquired. In: Aghababian, RV(ed). Emergency Medicine: The Core Curriculum. Philadelphia : Lippincott-Raven, 1998, pp 59–60. , .
- Ventilatory and hemodynamic effects of continuous positive airway pressure in left heart failure. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1997; 155:500–5. , , , , .
- The clinical challenge of congestive heart failure: optimizing outcomes in the emergency department and outpatient setting. Emerg Med Rep. 1999;20(12): 121–30. , .
- Randomized, prospective trial of bilevel versus continuous positive airway pressure in acute pulmonary edema. Crit Care Med. 1997;25:620–8. , , , et al.
- Bi-level positive airway pressure support system use in acute congestive heart failure; preliminary case review. Acad Emerg Med. 1995;2:714–8. , , , .
- Feasibility of the use of BiPAP for respiratory support in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 27:189–92. , , .
- The effect of ED management of ICU use in acute pulmonary edema. Am J Emerg Med. 1999; 17:571–4. , , , , .
- Von Harz B, Kollef MH The use of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation in the emergency department. Chest. 1998; 113:1339–46. , ,
- Noninvasive ventilation: an emerging supportive technique for the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 1998; 32:470–9. .
- Experience with the use of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy in the emergency management of acute severe cardiogenic pulmonary oedema. Aust N Z J Med. 1997; 27:319–22. , , , .