An Evaluation of a System-change Training Model to Improve Emergency Department Response to Battered Women
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 131–138, February 2001
How to Cite
Campbell, J. C., Coben, J. H., McLoughlin, E., Dearwater, S., Nah, G., Glass, N., Lee, D. and Durborow, N. (2001), An Evaluation of a System-change Training Model to Improve Emergency Department Response to Battered Women. Academic Emergency Medicine, 8: 131–138. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2001.tb01277.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received September 17, 1999; Revision Received April 8, 2000; Revision Received August 23, 2000; accepted August 25, 2000
- 6Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People Two Thousand: national health promotion and disease prevention objective [abstract]. 1991, pp 225–48. Publication no. (PHS) 91-50212.
- 7Women at Risk: Domestic Violence and Women's Health, Thousand Oaks , CA : Sage Publishers, 1996., :
- 9Evaluation of a primary care clinic training program: final report to the family violence prevention fund. Unpublished report, 1998., , .
- 11Identifying domestic violence in primary care practice. J Intern Med. 1996; 11: 4–46., , .
- 14Battered women's experiences in emergency departments: need for appropriate policy & procedures. J Emerg Nurs. 1994; 20: 280–8., , , .
- 17Best Practices: Innovative Domestic Violence Programs in Health Care Settings. San Francisco , CA : Family Violence Prevention Fund, 1997., , , .
- 19The Abuse Assessment Screen: a clinical instrument to measure frequency, severity, and perpetrator of abuse against women. In: CampbellJ (ed). Beyond Diagnosis: Changing the Health Care Response to Battered Women and Their Children. Newbury Park , CA : Sage, 1998, pp 195–203., , , .
- 20Family Violence Prevention Fund. Preventing Domestic Violence: Clinical Guidelines on Routine Screening. San Francisco , CA : FVPF, 1999.
- 21Violence in Families: Assessing Prevention and Treatment Programs. Washington , DC : National Academy Press, 1998., .
- 23Ending the Violence. Newbury Park , CA : Sage, 1997., , , .
- 24Making the health care system an empowerment zone for battered women: health consequences, policy recommendations, introduction, and overview. In: CampbellJC (ed). Empowering Survivors of Abuse: Health Care for Battered Women and Their Children. Thousand Oaks , CA : Sage, 1998, pp 3–22..