Impact of Critical Bed Status on Emergency Department Patient Flow and Overcrowding
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 10, Issue 4, pages 382–385, April 2003
How to Cite
Liu, S., Hobgood, C. and Brice, J. H. (2003), Impact of Critical Bed Status on Emergency Department Patient Flow and Overcrowding. Academic Emergency Medicine, 10: 382–385. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2003.tb01353.x
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2008
- received July 15, 2002 revision received November 7, 2002 accepted November 12, 2002.
- Code Blue Crisis in the ER. US News and World Report. Sept 10, 2001. ,
- Emergency department satisfaction: what matters most? Ann Emerg Med. 1993; 22:586–91. , ,
- Decreased health care quality associated with emergency department overcrowding. Eur J Emerg Med. 1999; 6:105–7. , , et al.
- Overcrowding in the nation's emergency departments: complex causes and disturbing effects. Ann Emerg Med. 2000; 35:63–8. , .
- Implementation and refinement of the Emergency Severity Index. Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 8:170–6. , , , , , .
- Comparison of a 3 and 5-level triage acuity systems. J Emerg Nurs. 2000; 26:411. , , , .
- National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 1996 Emergency Department Summary. Advance data from Vital and Health Statistics; No. 293. Hyattsville , MD : National Center for Health Statistics, 1997.
- National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 1998 Emergency Department Summary. Advance data from Vital and Health Statistics; No. 313. Hyattsville , MD : National Center for Health Statistics, 2000.
- Trends in the use and capacity of California's emergency departments, 1990–1999. Ann Emerg Med. 2002; 39:389–96. , , et al.
- Overcrowding in emergency departments: Increased demand and decreased capacity. Ann Emerg Med. 2002; 39:430–2. .
- Variables that affect patient throughput times in an academic emergency department. Am J Med Qual. 1997; 12(4):183–6. , , .