Geriatric Care in the Emergency Department
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 12, Issue 2, pages 158–159, February 2005
How to Cite
Fernandes, C. M.B. (2005), Geriatric Care in the Emergency Department. Academic Emergency Medicine, 12: 158–159. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2005.tb00856.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Emergency department overcrowding: what is our response to the “new normal”? Acad Emerg Med. 2003; 10:1096–7. .
- An overview of the issues: physiological effects of bed rest and restricted physical activity. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1997; 29:187–90. , , .
- Detection of older people at increased risk of adverse health outcomes after an emergency visit: The ISAR screening tool. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1999; 47:1229–37. , , et al.
- A brief risk-stratification tool to predict repeat emergency department visits and hospitalizations in older patients discharged from the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. 2003; 10:224–32. , , et al.
- The Domain Management Model—a tool for teaching and management of older adults in emergency departments. Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12:162–8. .
- Curing Health Care: New Strategies for Quality Improvement. San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 1990. , , .
- An extended care facility-to-emergency department transfer form improves communication. Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12:114–8. , , et al.
- Reclining chairs reduce pain from gurneys in older emergency department patients: a randomized controlled trial. Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12:119–23. , , , .
- Measuring Quality Improvement in Healthcare: A Guide to Statistical Process Control Applications. New York : Quality Resources, 1995. , .