Bridging the Gap between Clinical Research and Knowledge Translation in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2008
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 14, Issue 11, pages 968–977, November 2007
How to Cite
Hartling, L., Scott-Findlay, S., Johnson, D., Osmond, M., Plint, A., Grimshaw, J., Klassen, T. P. and Canadian Institutes for Health Research Team in Pediatric Emergency Medicine (2007), Bridging the Gap between Clinical Research and Knowledge Translation in Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine, 14: 968–977. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2007.tb02375.x
- Issue online: 17 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2008
- Received March 1, 2007; Revision received May 1, 2007; Revision received May 11, 2007; accepted May 12, 2007
- 1The Pediatric Emergency Research Canada. Available at: https:www.perc.med.ualberta.caguestsmain.php Accessed May 23, 2007.
- 8Glucocorticoids for croup Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2004;1 CD001955., , , et al.
- 9Glucocorticoids for croup Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000;2 CD001955., , , et al.
- 12Epinephrine for bronchiolitis Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2004;1 CD003123., , , ,
- 18A clinical decision rule for the use of CT head in children with minor head injury Acad Emerg Med 2004;11:449–450., , , et al.
- 19Interobserver agreement in the assessment of children with minor head injury[abstract] Acad Emerg Med 2004;11:572., , , et al.
- 22Government of Canada. Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Available at: http:www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca. Accessed May 23, 2007.
- 25Iterative loop gives framework for assessing technology Dimens Health Serv 1986;63:68–71.,
- 26Advisory Committee on Cancer Control, National Cancer Institute of Canada Bridging research to action: a framework and decision-making process for cancer control CMAJ 1994;151:1141–1146.
- 30Small area analysis and the medical case outcome problem. Conference Proceedings Research Methodology: Strengthening Causal Interpretations of Nonexperimental Data. Rockville, MD : Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, US Department of Health, 1990.
- 31Hospitalization rates of children with croup in Ontario Paediatr Child Health 1996;1:103–108., ,
- 32A cluster randomized controlled trial comparing three methods of disseminating practice guidelines for children with croup BMC Implement Sci 2006;1:10Available at:http:www.implementationscience.com /content/1/1/10 2006 Accessed May 23, 2007., , , , ,
- 33Ministry of Health and Long-term Care, Ontario. Improved Clinical Effectiveness through Behavioural Research Group (ICEBeRG). Available at: http:www.iceberg-grebeci.ohri.ca Accessed May 23, 2007.
- 34Utilizing knowledge translation in an iterative paradigm to improve outcomes for ill and injured children in emergency departments: a Canadian Institutes for Health Research Team Grant. Presented at the 2006 Knowledge Utilization Conference, Minneapolis, MN., , ,
- 37Looking inside the black box: a theory based process evaluation alongside a randomised controlled trial of printed educational materials (The Ontario Printed Educational Message (OPEM)) Trial [registration number ISRCTN72772651] Implement Sci 2007 (in press)., , , et al.
- 45When is it cost effective to change the behavior of health professionals? JAMA 2001;29:88–92., , , , ,
- 55Listening for Directions II: National Consultation on Health Services and Policy Issues for 2004-2007. Canadian Health Services Foundation and Institute of Health Services and Policy Research, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, 2004. Available at: http:www.cihr-irsc.gc.caedocumentslistening_for_direction_e.pdf Accessed May 23, 2007., ,